Friday, July 4, 2008

Laboring






Mommy checked into the hospital around 8:30 am and was hooked up to pitosin around 9am. Dr. Rodgers broke her water around noon. Soon after the water broke, Mommy was having painful contractions and then the epidural came. Mommy felt better after that. She had to be hooked up to some O2 because her blood pressure declined and Baby Willie's heart rate needed an energy boost. The same thing happened on the day I was born. They had Mommy lay on her side to help. When I came to visit Mommy, she could only lay on her side, so I climbed in bed behind her and gave her lots of hugs and kisses. I could tell she wasn't feeling her best. Mommy had lots of visitors while she was in labor... Aunt Brandy, Gramma Linda and Papa Tom, Aunt Christy, Uncle Keith and Tarod, Gramma Carla and Grampa Steve. When it came time to push, Dr. Rodgers had her start a little too early, so Mommy only pushed for 20 minutes. After a rest and a little more downward progression from Willie, she pushed for another hour or so and Willie finally came out at 9:33pm.

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker